2601 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me and you can start adding your own content and make changes to the font. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.
We can offer talented soccer players, basketball players, golf players and tennis players aged 18+ the exciting prospect of being able to play at a College/University in the USA while undertaking their chosen course of academic study.
Some of these opportunities offer full or partial scholarships. You will be assisted every step of the way. This starts with an initial assessment of your playing background and then proceeds all the way through to you hopefully being selected for a College programme which meets your requirements.
These international opportunities are open to talented male and female players from any country (subject to certain criteria). All applicants must bear in mind that the application process can take a significant length of time. Players interested in this opportunity need to start applying at least 9 months before they intend commencing College/University in USA.
If you are interested in the exciting prospect of playing and studying at a College/University in the USA then please read through the Q & A section below and fill out the Application Form.
So what is a Scholarship?
A Scholarship is a financial award given out by a College or University to talented athletes who can make an impact in one of their sports teams. The costs involved can be very expensive, therefore an Athletic Scholarship will help to cover the costs.
What’s in the Name! Are Colleges and Universities the same?
Yes. In the USA the terms 'College' and 'University' mean virtually the same thing. Both Colleges and Universities offer 4 year degrees and both have equal standing in the USA.
Who can qualify for a Sports Scholarship?
Only the best young athletes will be considered for a scholarship. You will stand a good chance if you have been trained at a Professional Club, Semi-Pro Club, Academy/ Centre of Excellence, ECFA College or represented your County or District side.
How much are Scholarships worth?
Scholarships are awarded on a percentage basis. The costs of attending a College/University vary from £10,000 to £30,000. 100% Full Scholarships are very rare, so if you receive a scholarship award it will cover some or most of the costs of attending the College/University. A full scholarship will pay for your tuition, accommodation, food, books and fees.
What is the difference between NCAA, NAIA and NJCAA?
They have different Academic criteria and rules for entry. NAIA institutions are normally smaller private institutions and the NCAA institutions have very large student populations. Some NCAA Division 1 Universities have over 30,000 students compared to some NAIA Universities that have an average of 2000 students. With regards to the standard of Soccer there is little difference.
What is the SAT Test?
While high school grades are a very useful indicator of how students will perform in college, there is great variation in grading standards and course rigor within and across high schools. Today, the SAT is the benchmark standardized assessment of the critical reading, maths and writing skills students have developed over time and that they need to be successful in college. Each year, more than two million students take the SAT. Nearly every College/University in the USA uses the test as a common and objective scale for evaluating a student's college readiness.
USA Sports Scholarships
How Many Scholarships Are Awarded Each Academic Year?
NCAA Division I (National Collegiate Athletic Association)
· There are 199 men's soccer programmes and 320 women's programmes in Division 1.
· Women's soccer is allowed 14 scholarships. Men's soccer is allowed 9.9 scholarships.
· Scholarships can be full or partial at the Division 1 level.
NCAA Division II
· There are 179 men's programmes and 227 women's programmes in Division II.
· Women's soccer has 9.9 scholarships. Men’s soccer has 9 scholarships.
· Partial scholarships are common in Division II soccer, as coaches have no limits on player numbers.
NCAA Division III
· Division III soccer consists of 401 men's programmes and 424 women's programmes.
· Scholarships are not offered in Division III, students often find financial aid or academic scholarships to assist with costs while playing soccer.
NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics)
· There 218 men's programmes and 223 women's programmes in the NAIA.
· Both men's and women's soccer are allowed 12 scholarships per team.
· Partial scholarships are common. Strong students who meet certain academic criteria can receive aid without it counting toward the programmes limit.
NJCAA Division I (The National Junior College Athletic Association)
· There are 136 men's soccer programmes and 118 women's programmes at the junior-college level.
· Men's and women's soccer are allowed 18 scholarships at the junior-college level.
· Many scholarships at the junior-college level are full rides, but partial rides are common, too.
NJCAA Division III
· There are 78 men's programmes and 58 women's programmes in NJCAA Division III.
· Much like NCAA Division III, NJCAA DIII schools at the junior-college level do not offer scholarships.